At key moments in
the life of your business
we can help
Mobeus Equity Partners is a leading provider of finance to SMEs. We invest up to £15 million into UK based companies across all sectors.
We provide attractive and flexible funding packages that include equity and loan finance. We are very experienced investors who have a strong reputation for delivering on our promises and we know what it takes to get a deal done.
We work with management teams to help them buy the businesses that they run but do not currently own. We also work with teams that wish to significantly increase their stake by buying out passive shareholders.
The opportunity for a management buyout ('MBO') may come about for a number of reasons:
- founder shareholders looking to exit and realise value or simply diversify their wealth;
- as part of implementing a management succession plan;
- corporate owners looking to divest non-core assets.
We can help
- Initiate and lead the discussions with the owners if required.
- Management make that critical transition from employee to owner.
- Supplement the management team with one of our experienced Operating Partners.
- Provide a flexible funding package including debt to finance the transaction in a way which enables the business to continue to flourish and delivers excellent terms to the management team.
We provide expansion capital to enable businesses to grow organically or by acquisition. Larger businesses generally sell for higher profit multiples and so there are significant opportunities for value creation by scaling up your business.
You may be considering growing your business by:
- acquiring a company in the same sector (to achieve economies of scale), in a different geography, or one which provides a complementary service;
- rolling out an established regional service or retail offering;
- developing a new product or investing in new facilities or staff.
We can help
- Provide flexible, long-term funding packages which minimise equity dilution for the owners whilst maintaining maximum operational flexibility for the business.
- Evaluate acquisition opportunities. We are experienced buyers and sellers of businesses. We can support the diligence and the transaction and help with post-acquisition planning and integration.
- We have worked with a number of companies which have delivered export-led growth strategies. Whilst the reward is obvious, we understand and can help manage the challenges and risks.
We work with owners who wish to sell a part of their business. We enable them to de-risk their personal financial position yet maintain a significant financial interest in their business and continue to remain in control.
You may be considering releasing equity value through a partial sale for a number of reasons:
- in order to diversify your net worth from a single valuable asset;
- to crystallise value in a tax-efficient way;
- as an initial step on a pathway to a full sale, frequently by allowing your management team to acquire equity as part of a succession plan;
- to provide access to capital and strategic input to accelerate growth.
We can help
- By putting together a combined loan and equity investment structure which enables owners to retain the majority of their stake and their control over the business, without the risk and constraints imposed by raising bank debt.
- Provide additional growth capital and board level expertise to help take the business to its next stage.
- Facilitate the introduction of members of the management into the ownership structure, incentivising them to continue to grow the business.
We work with owners who are looking to sell their business in order to realise all or the majority of their value. When the time is right, we will work alongside the management team, supplementing it where necessary. We can provide a high level of certainty to owners that the transaction will be delivered.
Selling to a financial investor means you do not have to share information with your competitors, and because the management team remains in place, continuity and stability are maintained.
You may be considering selling your business:
- as part of your retirement and succession plan;
- as a result of family related or probate issues;
- in order to pursue other personal interests;
- to raise capital for another venture or to deploy capital in other business interests.
We can help
- We will work with you in confidence to understand your business and your personal aspirations. We are very experienced buyers and sellers of businesses. We will not waste your time nor mess you around. We will quickly tell you what is possible.
- We can introduce experienced Operating Partners with deep sector expertise who can strengthen the management team and facilitate the transaction.
- We can provide flexible funding packages to finance the transaction. This may include the current owners holding loans in the company, providing an ongoing income stream, and perhaps also retaining part of their equity stake so they can benefit from further growth.
To find out more about how we can help your business
+44 (0)20 7024 7600