Mobeus invests in people. We don’t run the businesses we invest in; we back great management teams to do so. As a result, we have always had a diverse group of entrepreneurs across our portfolio. Together, we maximise unrealised potential.
We realised that the power of our network and our philosophy allow us to back other talented individuals, at a different stage in life. Our ambition is to back young people who otherwise might choose not to attend university due to the cost, and to provide them with a broad set of tools to strengthen their confidence and equip them for success.
Every year we offer a four-year scholarship to one talented individual. Applications will be accepted from The Sutton Trust’s Banking and Finance Programme.
What does the Mobeus Scholarship offer?
The Mobeus Scholarship will mirror our approach to our day-to-day business. We will invest:
- Money – paying university fees;
- Talent – providing a Mobeus team member as a mentor and offering one month’s paid work experience per year for three years; and
- Network – inviting members of the programme to attend our Mobeus alumni events, so they have the chance to connect with business leaders across a variety of sectors.
The Mobeus Scholarship package includes:
- £10,000 per year for three years to cover the cost of University Tuition Fees at the University the student chooses and to undertake the course they choose;
- Access to tutoring during year 13 from Mobeus portfolio company MyTutor, to help the student deliver the best grades they can;
- One month’s paid work experience at Mobeus (or on occasion in later years at a Mobeus portfolio company) for three years, commencing in the summer prior to University;
- Invitations to attend select Mobeus events for the three years of the student’s University degree. All travel expenses will be paid.
- A mentor from the Mobeus team will be allocated to the student to provide guidance and support through the life of the program.
The Application process
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of a formal application.
The 2018 application process is now closed. The award will be announced before the end of October 2018.
The 2019 application process will open in August 2019. Links to the application form will be made available by The Sutton Trust as well as on this page.